This positions reports to the controller with a fast paced cutting edge manufacturer.
Responsibilities’ include but not limited to:
- Minimum 5 years experience preferred in set-up CNC lathes, multi-axis lathes and 4-axis and 5-axis horizontal milling, vertical milling machines.
- Assists in the maintenance of a cost accounting system.
- Ensures accuracy of inventory records, Working with Inventory manager with cycle counts
- Assists controller with monthly, quarterly and year-to-date financial reporting results relating to gross profit.
- Establishes labor and overhead rates, bi-annually.
- Reviews inventory costs for accuracy
- Conducts cost studies of new and existing products
- Analyzes and evaluates inventory problems and proposes solutions
- Assists in monthly inventory journal entries, schedules, reports and closing activities
- Coordinates year-end audit as it relates to inventory and cost accounting
- Lead and Manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process
- Ensure validity and accuracy of costs through analysis, internal audits and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing
- Price out residual material left over from complete projects
- He/She would be backup for Payroll
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required.
Experience and Skills:
- Three- Five years experience in general accounting with a manufacturing company, including three years in cost accounting
- Job costing experience highly desirable
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook software.
- Experience with Vantage/Epicor a plus.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
OR Mail Resume to:
Alken Industries Career Opportunities
2175 Fifth Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779