Quality Management System (QMS) Responsibilities
- Maintain all quality certifications (ISO9001:2000,, AS9100C, etc..) as required by customers and Alken, interface as Management Representative with registrars; ensure timely and effective follow up to any Corrective Actions or Non-conformances.
- Manage all aspects of quality systems to maintain AS9100 certification
- Management of the Quality Management System to assure each department has documented there procedures and the procedures are implemented and effective. Utilize and implement standard work in each department.
- Manage and conduct internal audits for company quality requirements.
- Work cross functionally to establish QA objectives and develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed business objectives. Ensure alignment of team member roles, goals, and metrics with business objectives.
- Control, Quality Records, Auditing (QMS, Process, etc.), Corrective and Preventative Actions, Management Review, Training, Tool Calibration.
Continuous Improvement Responsibilities
- Establish and drive a culture of continual Process Improvement within Alken. Play an integral role in Lean and related initiatives, including but not limited to mentoring Value Stream and Lean Projects, facilitating and participating in Kaizen events, conducting 6S audits, etc.
- Have a continuous improvement focus towards quality and cost reduction
- Continuously work to identify and implement opportunities to improve internal processes, tools, and systems.
Root Cause and Corrective Action Responsibilities
- Drive the effective and efficient resolution of all quality complaints through the use of robust problem solving methods and techniques (8-D, FEMA, etc.).
- Lead Root Cause and Corrective Action initiatives.
- Conduct evaluations and correction of quality and warranty problems.
- Initiate and maintain SCAR’s for AS9100 compliance
- Work closely with Procurement and Supply Chain Management team members to ensure that all Supplier related quality issues are effectively and efficiently resolved, assist Suppliers when needed with robust problem solving methods.
- Review quality data for trends
- Manage three (3) employees
- Mechanical Inspector abilities A+
- Make customer visits as required
- Conduct supplier visits and audits as required